Friday, November 7, 2008

About The Blog

This week my blog finally got indexed by Google - it took over three weeks. Of course, RPI has saturated the web pretty thoroughly, so I'll never actually show up if someone is just doing a search for Rensselaer, NY.

However, I'm happy to rely on the kindness of fellow bloggers. Many thanks to the North Greenbush Pipeline for sending me my first significant blog traffic (not that my family isn't significant, but you know what I mean...). That blog seems to be a great read if you want to keep a finger on the pulse of our local politics, and you can now link there from my sidebar.

Please stay tuned - I'm working on a really cool post about local Victorian-era inventors, and patents from the golden age of rail. Hopefully that will be ready to go up by Sunday night.