Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 1910: Firemen Respond in the Cold

100 Years Ago: From The Rensselaer Eagle [NY 41 Rensselaer 93-32173].

Firemen Had a Cold Run.

An alarm from box 23, Broadway and Fourth avenue, Tuesday evening, called the firemen to the home of John Weist on Washington street. In the rear is a shed which is used as a club room. A stove became overheated and set fire to the shed. The Rings used a hydrant stream. Several firemen had their fingers frost bitten.

[Posted 1/8/11 and back-dated for continuity]

No comments: