Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blog Update

Comments

I finally found the HTML code to fix the bug in this Blogger template, without having to rebuild it from scratch. Now you can see the number of comments for each post on the main page. (Before, they were only visible if you clicked a post title and went to that individual page.) Thanks to the folks who commented anyway - here are some older posts with comments, in case you want to add to the discussion:
Comments are moderated [and require registration]. UPDATE: I removed the registration requirement. Links to more info are appreciated! Please keep it professional, on-topic, and try to add value to the discussion. If you want to impeach someone, please start your own blog.


Twitter

I've been following a few Twitter feeds as part of my news-gathering effort, and was impressed with WNYT NewsChannel 13's timely coverage of the boil water order and the public hearing this week. I've added a customized news feed in the sidebar that searches WNYT's Twitter stream for "Rensselaer". This should add some timely news to the site (assuming the gadget works properly - I see it's missing one recent tweet).

No comments: