Monday, April 20, 2009

Detours - Filming Chase Scene for Jolie's "Salt"

UPDATE - Times Union: Road closure dates set for Jolie movie
Drivers nearing downtown Albany might see more action than they are used to in upcoming days as film crews shoot car chase scenes for an action-thriller starring Angelina Jolie.
Times-Union (3/28/09): Jolie movie to shoot in Albany

Here's the schedule of Albany road closures for the "Salt" filming (from an e-mail making the rounds), which impacts Ramps to Rt. 787 and the Dunn Memorial Bridge starting Thursday. Traffic will be detoured down Broadway in Rensselaer.

Thursday, April 23 Road Closures:
  • 6AM - 4PM: South Mall Expressway eastbound Ramp to I-787 North (Ramp to I-787 South will be OPEN) DETOUR: Routes 9/20 Dunn Bridge east, right on Broadway in Rensselaer, right on Routes 9/20 Dunn Bridge west to ramp to I-787 north.
  • 6AM - 8PM: I-787 Northbound Exit 3 Ramp to Empire Plaza (NOTE: This Ramp may remain closed overnight on Thursday night) DETOUR: Route 9/20 Dunn Bridge east, right on Broadway in Rensselaer, to Dunn Bridge west to Empire Plaza.
  • 9AM - 8PM: I-787 Northbound Exit 3 Ramp to both Empire Plaza and Dunn Bridge. DETOUR: I-787 NB Exit 4; along corning preserve northbound, left on Colonie St, left on Water Street, south to South Mall Expressway westbound, to Empire Plaza. Motorists continuing to Rensselaer/Amtrak, continue through Empire Plaza to South Mall Expressway eastbound to Dunn Bridge.
  • 9AM - 8PM : Exit 3A I-787 Southbound Ramp to Dunn Bridge (Rt. 9/20 East). (Ramp to Empire Plaza will be OPEN). DETOUR: Ramp to Empire Plaza, South Mall Expressway westbound thru Empire Plaza to South Mall Expressway eastbound to Dunn Bridge.
Friday, April 24 Closures: (Detours as above if not specified)
  • 6AM - 4PM: South Mall Expressway eastbound Ramps to I-787 North & South. DETOUR: Routes 9/20 Dunn Bridge east, right on Broadway in Rensselaer, right on Rts. 9/20 Dunn Bridge west to ramps to I-787
  • 6AM - 9AM: I-787 Northbound Exit 3 Ramp to Empire Plaza (NOTE: This Ramp may remain closed overnight on Thurs., Fri. & Sat.)
  • 9AM - 8PM: I-787 North Exit 3 Ramp to Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
  • 9AM - 8PM: Exit 3A I-787 Southbound Ramps to both Dunn Bridge & Empire Plaza (Rt. 9/20 East & west)
Saturday, Apr. 25 & Sunday, Apr. 26 Road Closures: (All closures approx. 6AM - 8PM)
  • South Mall Expressway eastbound Ramps to I-787 North & South
  • I-787 Northbound Exit 3 ramps to both Empire Plaza and Dunn Bridge
  • I-787 Southbound Exit 3A ramps to both Empire Plaza and Dunn Bridge
  • Intermittent Closures: Water Street between Colonie and Pine Streets
Monday, April 27 & Thursday, April 30 Road Closures:
  • 6AM - 4PM: S. Mall Expressway east Ramps to I-787 North & South
  • 6AM - 9AM: I-787 North Exit 3 Ramp to Empire Plaza
  • 9AM - 8PM: I-787 North Exit 3 Ramp to Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
  • 9AM - 8PM: I-787 South Exit 3A ramps to Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
Friday, May 1 Road Closures:
  • 9AM - 8PM: Water St. between Colonie & Pine Sts. DETOUR: Colonie St.
Sat., May 2 & Sun., May 3: (All closures approx. 6AM - 8PM)
  • South Mall Expressway East Ramps to I-787 North & South
  • I-787 North Exit 3 ramps to both Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
  • I-787 South Exit 3A ramps to both Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
  • Water Street between Colonie & Pine Streets (NOTE: With Water Street Closed, an alternate detour will be used to access Empire Plaza
Monday, May 4 Road Closures:
  • 6AM-4PM: South Mall Expressway East Ramps to I-787 North & South
  • 6AM-9AM: I-787 North Exit 3 Ramp to Empire Plaza
  • 9AM-8PM: I-787 North Exit 3 Ramp to both Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
  • 9AM-8PM: I-787 South Exit 3A ramps to Empire Plaza & Dunn Bridge
(Dates subject to weather and production schedule. Rain dates are May 14-May 18).

No comments: