Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lunch on Broadway

I'm working from home for a few weeks, so I finally get to check out some local flavor. Lunch in Rensselaer today:

P.J.'s Cafe, (full breakfast, sandwiches, and grill)
212 Broadway, Rensselaer, entrance & parking off Academy St.
Open Mon-Fri, 7am-2pm
Fax/Call Ahead and Delivery available

The "Commander" sounded great (a spiced pulled chicken sandwich for $5.75), but they had just sold out. The pulled pork sandwich was excellent though. P.J.'s is the place to find business cards for every service in town - they post three bulletin boards of them.

Old School Bakery & Deli (fresh baked goods, subs, sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches)
263 Broadway, Rensselaer, at the intersection of 3rd Ave., and well hidden behind a large tree
Fax/Call Ahead, Delivery and Catering available

I didn't catch their hours, and they're not listed on the takeout menu, but they said they will be open on Saturday for River Day (P.J.'s probably won't be, unless my description of the potential crowd was persuasive.)

Old School does lunches, but I was looking for fresh-baked carbs - I'll definitely be back for more of these Radio Bars. Turns out that you can rationalize a lot of calories by saying "I'll blog about it".

No comments: