See also Parking in Rensselaer for River Day (with map)
River Day Schedule, June 13 (Saturday) - flagships depart Castleton at 11am. Arrival at Rensselaer at 12:30pm for final cannon welcome and day-long celebrations.
Crailo State Historic Site will have 17th century reenactments and Dutch cuisine. Only the gift shop will be open.
The Blessing of the Fleet is at Noon at Albany Yacht Club [75 Broadway] with local clergy including Dutch Reform minister and Native American leader. Entertainment is by the Yankee Doodle Band. The Onrust, and Naval Militia will be docked.
Keith Pray's 17 piece big band will be performing at the Riverfront Park in Rensselaer and the 677 Cafe will be selling BBQ style foods in the park from 1-5pm. The Clearwater will be docked and available for touring.
Flag ships expected (as many as 200 pleasure craft may be following)
- Half Moon, replica of Hudson's ship from his 1609 voyage [Albany]
- Onrust, replica of Adriaen Block's 1614 Dutch ship [Rensselaer]
- Clearwater, environmental sloop [Rensselaer]
- Mystic Whaler, traditionally rigged schooner
- Woody Guthrie, gaff-rigged sloop built for Pete Seeger
- Governor Cleveland, ice-breaking tug and canal workhorse [Albany]
- John Jay Harvey, retired NYC fireboat that returned to service on 9/11 [Albany]
- Launch 5, lead safety vessel for Hudson400 Flotilla [Rensselaer]
River Day tribute to 1609 voyage moves along despite concerns about overall commemoration